Milwaukee Portfolio School
The Milwaukee Portfolio School picks up where college leaves off and eases the frustration of creative directors stuck with graduates who lack the specific skills needed to work in advertising. Here, students learn to concept like agency pros, discover what job-winning portfolios look like and spend time with award-winning creatives. All of this and more in a six-week program that costs about half as much as just one college course hour.
Sessions are held fall, winter and summer with classes every Monday and Wednesday between 6 and 8pm.
Classes are open to anyone who desires to get a job as an art director or copywriter. Undergrad, grad or working stiff, we’ve helped them all from 19 to 61. The fee for a six-week session is $1000 (Early Bird pricing is $900!) and includes a course book, an Adworker’s membership and Adobe software instruction. Class sizes are capped at a maximum of 12 students per session and admissions close one week prior to the first class.
Class Outline by Week
- Week 1 Orientation, thinking exercises, agency structure and strategy lecture, case study presentation.
- Week 2 Portfolio reviews, portfolio construction lecture, thinking exercises.
- Week 3 Advertising techniques lecture, main campaign assigned, mystery project.
- Week 4 Ad agency guest lecture, campaign work, individual work, mystery project.
- Week 5 Mystery project, campaign work, individual progress meeting with instructors, help from InDesign and Photoshop experts.
- Week 6 Best practices for presenting lecture, campaign work, help from InDesign and Photoshop experts, present main campaign, party.